Summer is the perfect time to get tasks down around your home. Here are seven important jobs to get you started. Paying close attention to your home maintenance now, can save you money on bigger problems in the future.
- Inspect Air Conditioners– Remove and clean filters before starting your AC and check the outside unit for damage that may have occurred over the winter. Consider hiring a professional to simplify the process or make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors– Make sure all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly in your home.
- Wash windows– Now is a great time to clean all windows. It’s always amazing how much better it looks outside looking in through clean windows.
- Clean all outdoor grills– After all it’s BBQ season! Clean the burners, scrub the grates and check for damaged parts.
- Check your roof– Inspect your roof annually to avoid having small problems turn into big ones.
- Wash and seal your deck– Consider sealing your deck to keep it looking as good as new and prevent fading! Staining and sealing your deck is all part of regular maintenance.
- Plant and maintain gardens– While much of the work should already be done, there is still time to get gardens in top notch shape so you can enjoy them all summer long. Be sure to Keep shrubs back from A/C units as well as heat pumps as they require air circulation.
Royal LePage Peifer Realty Inc., Brokerage