If you are listing your home this autumn remember to clean up and dress up your outdoor space. First impressions are important. Ensuring your home has great curb appeal this autumn, can have perspective buyers falling in love with your property before they even go inside. Have a look at these inexpensive ideas to help you spruce up your homes curb appeal.
Clean It Up:
- Keep the leaves raked and cleared from your yard, sidewalks and driveway.
- Trim the bushes, shrubs and make sure your gardens are free of weeds.
- Wash down door and window areas to ensure summer webs/insects are removed.
- Consider a coat of paint on your front door exterior entrance area.
- If you have window boxes clean out all summer plants and foliage.
Dress It Up:
- Simple outdoor lighting changes can highlight your homes best exterior features. Consider adding an outdoor spotlight to focus on your newly painted door or entrance feature.
- Decorate your window boxes and summer planters with fall items such as; pumpkins, gourds, cattails and decorative grasses.
- If you have a front porch or large outdoor entrance area consider adding a refurbished chair or bench and decorating with seasonal colours, fall flowers, or perhaps a cozy blanket.
- Consider a simple fall wreath for your door and a welcoming doormat.
- Use pumpkins in your entrance and porch design. Pumpkins are inexpensive and can also be easily painted and decorated to match your outdoor decorating plan.
I hope that you can take advantage of the beautiful colours of autumn to spruce up your homes curb appeal.
Contributed By: Deborah Rhodes, Sales Representative